Alright, someone told me Thanksgiving is still up ahead. It didn’t sneak past me while I was buzy eating.
And next – Black Friday. For some type of readers this is your BIGGEST holiday of the season!!!
Wunderful then! I’m thankful, I think…
Yet, for this writer I wouldn’t mind missing at least one major holiday annually. A holiday or a vacation should include, IMHO, friends/family of course, pleasure, rest, relaxation, a day at the cafe, or just doing a rare NOTHING for a day during the year!
However, too often a holiday or vacation is defined as:
- Travel time
- Extra expen$e$
- Unfamiliar surroundings
- People you either don’t know, don’t wanna know, or at least know more than enuf already!
- Many little children spreading their giant voices far & near to you
- Having to usually be “ON”
- Be an unpaid actor: “Oh, of course everything is just fine & happy. What repression??” Smiling at people who behave like they don’t wanna know you
- Planning & trying to remember all the many things you must memorize to bring you the excitement or thrill of a holiday
- Waiting lines with crowds of people who are “enjoying” their vacation or holiday
- What lines? What travel time? Airports, train stations, bus depots, oh, and the old reliable – bumper to bumper traffic
- Looking for luggage, looking for transportation at your destination, looking for the lost and found, et.. It’s all there in your Shangri-La La Land where ever you’re headed
- I can go on. In other words, we can often define these periods as more expensive than just your pocketbook, & stressful.
Therefore, if you were to tell me I could just sleep in late & lazy around doing a brunch of nothing, well, wow! that alone wood be tempting enuf for me to wanna call in sick to some holiday gathering!
I would love to just have a vacation from one of these major holidays on occasion. Don’t have to do anything, don’t have to wake up & get spruced up, don’t have to go anywhere. I can do what I want, when, where & how I want. Just be the busy bee doing the lazy. What would ya call that? Vacation or Holiday is what I’d call it!
Wow, look at this. I’ve already typed up here more time into this subject than I planned!
Let’s just get down to the bottom line. Have YOU voted…re the Thanksgiving question?? (If you want to write in your vote instead (leave a comment) as well, go ahead.)
Gotta run. Hope I gotta a brunch of sweet nothings to do one day.